Oneplus has released a new Open Beta for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, and no, it is not April just yet so we know this is for real. This Open Beta is numbered 13 for the OnePlus 3 and 4 for the OnePlus 3T, although the changelog for both the devices is the same. The download links are different, though, so it’s a good idea to download the correct build for your device.
OnePlus details the following changelog:
- All new launcher, added support for shortcuts on 7.1.1
- Redesigned app drawer
- Redesigned UI for launcher settings – Simplified the Settings options and added another gesture to get to them quickly, a pinch motion from the homepage of your launcher.
- Added status bar icon option to display real time network speed
- Added Notification Denoising – This is to allow priority levels to be assigned to peek notifications and will let you grant only the most important apps and their notifications the ability to interrupt you. This feature can be found under Settings>Device>Notifications
- Added Gaming Do Not Disturb mode – This allows you to lock the capacitive and home buttons while gaming or in other apps where it’s easy to hit those buttons buttons unintentionally. This feature can be found in Settings>Advanced>Gaming Mode
- Added automatic Night Mode – You are now able to set Night Mode to activate and deactivate at a certain time or according to a specific cycle of day and night. This can be found under settings>Display>Night Mode
- Added Secure Box for file encryption – This is for all files (including pictures and video) that should not be easily accessible to other people. It can be set up with its own pin, and once items are moved (by long pressing and selecting “set as secure” in the settings option) they can only be viewed in the secure box portion of the file manager. This can be found under Apps>File Manager>Secure Box
- Optimized touch latency
- Optimized camera EIS for videos
- Improved contacts management with linking and merge functions
- Added quick pay option for India – This will allow users to set up a QR-based quick pay feature that can be quickly accessed while the screen is either on or off with a long press of the home button. This will only activate right now if one of the following apps is installed: Paytm, Wechat, or Alipay. This can be found in Settings>Security & Fingerprint>Quick Pay
- Bug fixes and general improvements
Some of these fixes and improvements are self-explanatory, and OnePlus has added more information to the ones which are not. Of particular interest is the claimed improvements to touch latency and Camera EIS for video — we’ll have to see how much of an improvement we’re talking here.
To try it out, download Open Beta 13 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T. Users who are already on the Open Beta branch will receive this update as an OTA. Do note that moving back to the Stable branch from Open Beta will involve a full clean flash.
The changes that I am excited about is the Gaming DND mode and Quick Pay option. Quick Pay is interesting as I have started moving towards PayTM for payments throughout the day. PayTM is much less of a hassle than haggling for exact change and often quicker and more popular than card terminals with small vendors.
What are your thoughts on the new Open Beta? Which feature are you looking forward to? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!