For those, who got sick waiting for official OxygenOS 3.0 or Marshmallow 6.0.1 update for OnePlus device?
OnePlus device can now be manually updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using the Exodus custom ROM.
Exodus is a new firmware packed with a customization options. The ROM working fast, smooth and stable.
Before installing this ROM on OnePlus One, do the following prerequisites first:
- Root phone.
- Install custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Back up all necessary data.
- Performa wipe Dalvik Cache wipe before leaving the Recovery mode.
Below is the step-by-step guide to download and install Exodus on OnePlus One:
- Download on PC the Android 6.0.1 Exodus Marshmallow here.
- Connect phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Copy then paste downloaded ROM to phone’s memory or SD card.
- Switch off phone and plug it out from the PC.
- Go to Recovery Mode by press holding volume up, home and power buttons.
- Choose ‘Wipe’ to delete of data and ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’.
- Go to Advance and choose ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’ button.
- Go to main menu and choose ‘Install’. Choose the copied ZIP file on the phone.
- Choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’.
- Wait for the installation to complete then go to +++++Go Back+++++.
- Choose ‘Reboot System’.
Check the new software version now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmware’s, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial ?