Google Pixel and Pixel XL were excellent phones—possibly the best overall Android phones on the market, in fact. So, Google has a lot of live up to with the Pixel 2, which is set for announcement on October 4th, where new versions of the firm’s Pixel and Pixel XL will be unveiled.
Google is set to take on the might of Apple’s iPhone X with its own high-powered smartphone in the coming weeks. Google is due to reveal the follow-up to last year’s successful Pixel smartphone to act as a standard-bearer for the company’s Android operating system. Like the iPhone, it will be a premium gadget packing in the latest features as well as the most up-to-date version of Android available.
Google has sent out invitations for a special event to reveal the new phone, which is expected to make several improvements on last year’s impressive product.
Another interesting thing, Bose QC35 II will feature Google Assistant, which is a first for headphones, and a big vote of confidence for Google’s ever-growing smart assistant.
If you do a lot of flying or you’re a complete misanthrope that hates the sound of other humans and the outside world, these headphones are best for you. Not only do they block out the sounds of reality completely, and do so in a very comfortable manner, but they also sound amazing.
Well, Bose now has a sequel in the works for its awesome QC35, and they go by the name of Bose QC35 II. And if that wasn’t enough, the Bose QC35 II headphones will also feature Google Assistant, meaning you can make on the fly queries to the headset, things like setting reminders, ordering Uber, and finding out the answer to off mathematical questions, direct from the headphones themselves.
Word on the street suggests Google will announce these headphones, alongside Bose, at the launch of the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. And this new got me thinking – is Google thinking of bundling the Bose QC35 II with its Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 headphones? Maybe – unless it’s just so happy about Bose choosing Assistant that it has allowed it to share a stage with the Pixel 2 phones as a thank you.
Still, competition is extremely stiff inside Q4, so Google will almost certainly be looking at ways to snag as many pre-orders for its Pixel 2 phones as possible. As a massive fan of the Pixel and Bose QC35 headphones, this would, quite literally, be the best thing Google could ever do. Getting two new products from each line at the same time would be a massive unique selling point.
Waterproofing? Dual-lens camera? Wireless charging? None of these were featured on the original Pixel and are all expected to be featured on other handsets in 2017. It will be interesting to see how Google matches up to the competition. We expect it to unveil the Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2, and potentially some other exciting new tech such as a new Chromebook, Pixel 3, mini version of Google Home and perhaps some Chromecast updates.
• Pixel 2 release date: 4 October 2017
• Pixel 2 launch live stream: Embedded above, live from 9am PST/4pm BST 4 October 2017
• Pixel 2 key specifications: Made by HTC, 5.6in 16:9 full-HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, single-lens camera, USB-C audio, Android Oreo
• Pixel XL 2 key specifications: Made by LG, 5.99in 18:9 Quad-HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, 13Mp camera, USB-C audio, Android Oreo
- Why Google Pixel 2 is more exciting than the iPhone X
- Google Pixel 2 rumored to have more storage but it’s going to cost you
- Google Pixel 2 will be better than the Apple iPhone X?
- Google Pixel 2 Will Face Brutal Fight Against Galaxy Note 8, iPhone 8
- Big Things To Expect From The Google Pixel 2