In February 2020, Google released the first developer preview for Android 11. Now, Google has published the first Android 11 developer preview update with some changes and improvements.
Android 11 Developer Preview 1.1 (March 2020)
This update brings some changes and improvements, as listed below:
- Apps targeting Android 11 no longer receive an erroneous security exception if they try to request a foreground location permission, such as ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION or ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, and any other permission at the same time.
2. Android Studio and tools
- armeabi-v7a apps no longer cause x86 Emulator images to crash.
- NDK apps targeting Android 11 are no longer blocked from a building because of an issue with the Android Gradle Plugin. This fix is included in both Android Studio 4.0 Beta 2 (or higher) and Android Studio 4.1 Canary 1 (or higher).
3.Non-SDK interface restrictions
- Greylist restrictions have been temporarily relaxed on a small number of methods used by OkHTTP and related SDKs that are in widespread use. This should provide app developers with more time to test and update their libraries before these restrictions are reinstated later in the Developer Preview.
- Fixed an issue where a fatal exception was being thrown by com.android.phone.
- Fixed an issue with the boot on Pixel 3 devices.
- Fixed an issue where the Setup Wizard would crash when running on Pixel 4 XL devices.
- As the name says the Android 11 Developer Preview is for developers only, to help them with early development, testing, and feedback.
Android 11 includes behavior changes to help improve performance, battery life, security, and privacy.
SOURCE: Huawei Central