Google+ Collections and Communities is gaining advanced search features to make it easier to find posts.
Like Google Search, users can now filter results through the use of advanced search operators. You can search Google+ for people, posts, communities, events, and collections.
Other operators can surface posts that feature comments from a specific user (commenter:), as well as posts that feature a specific type of content, including video, photo, and poll (has:).
Meanwhile, Google+ is also adding more metrics for Community moderators and G Suite admins. Community owners and moderators now have access to a new “Insights” tabs under Manage.
Information here includes statistics about new membership and engagement metrics. G Suite administrators are also gaining the ability to see community owned by their users, with several sortable metrics.
Check the advance search option:
Searching makes it easy to find things you like or may be interested in.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google+ app Google+ icon.
- In the top right corner, tap Search .
- In the top bar, type what you want to search for.
- On the bottom right, tap Search .
Your search results include:
- Communities: Communities related to what you searched for
- People and pages: Profiles and pages that mention what you searched for
- Collections: Collections related to what you searched for
- Google+ posts: Both public posts, and posts that were shared with you
You can refine a search in Google+ with these advanced searches.
Find posts from a specific user or user ID.
Tip: The ID, or url_id, is the string of numbers at the end of a profile’s URL.
Posts can also be filtered by date (before: & after”), where they were posted (in:/community:/collection:), and if they mention a specific user (mention:). Several operators can also be combined and excluded with AND, OR & NOT.
These advanced search filters will rollout in the coming days and work on the web, as well as the Android and iOS clients. Google has a more detailed support guide on how to take advantage of them.