* Tthe upcoming itel device would be a good choice in the budget smartphone segment
NewDelhi : China-based Transsion Holdings’ itel Mobile is set to launch a new feature-packed smartphone in India on May 16 that would take Redmi 6A head on.
- Industry sources said that the upcoming itel device would be a good choice in the budget smartphone segment.
- The latest addition could be a game changer for first time buyers and those consumers who are willing to upgrade from old entry level handsets.
- Treshe device may house features like AI dual camera, capable of performing tasks beyond just capturing good pictures, 2GB RAM for multitasking, latest Android Pie 9 OS, full screen HD+ display and double security features like fingerprint and face unlock.
- The company logged 7 per cent share in the feature phone segment in the first quarter of 2019, according to Counterpoint Research.
- Industry sources told IANS on Monday that the power-packed itel device is likely to be launched below Rs 5,000.
- On the other hand, the 2GB and 16GB Redmi 6A is currently priced at Rs 5,999.
- The latest itel portfolio includes A44 Air (5.45-inch full screen device), A44 power and A23 — priced at Rs 4,399, Rs 4,599 and Rs 3,999 respectively.