Fresh press render has leaked this morning courtesy of the fount-of-all-leaks, Evan Blass, showing the OnePlus 3 in a much more flattering light than the recent prototype leaks. The image seemingly confirms OnePlus’ move away from the replaceable plastic rear panels, with the company intent on releasing a metal-bodied device.
With the past couple of OnePlus flagship generations, the manufacturer made a point of stuffing the internals with the most powerful components you could get in an affordable high-end device. This meant compromises were made in the design, with the first generation being a flimsy plastic build, and the second being heavy and metal-framed but with interchangeable plastic back covers. This year, it seems the company is going full-metal, and we couldn’t be happier.
The other compromise with the OnePlus 2 was its display. Despite being full HD, the LCD panel was among the least vibrant I saw all year in 2015 (at least among the top devices), with only the HTC One M9 bordering on the same levels of lifelessness. As pointed out in an opinion piece a few months back, the OnePlus X’s AMOLED panel put its big brother’s screen to shame. It’s so much more colourful and — with much higher contrast levels — it seemed far sharper too.
Important Update: OnePlus 2, OnePlus X & OnePlus One| Android Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.0 update, bug fix and news
Thankfully, this morning’s leak from Mr. Blass also contains some specifications which include an AMOLED panel — *pauses to celebrate* — and a 3,000mAh battery, which should mean that we’ll get a day’s full use out of the OnePlus 3 on a single charge.
There’s that logo. OnePlus 3 with AMOLED display and 3000mAh battery. pic.twitter.com/zvat9NaFd4
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 17, 2016
Taking a closer look at the render, and it appears as though OnePlus is sticking with the same design on the front. Like the Op2, the next OnePlus smartphone will have a front-mounted fingerprint sensor built in to a capacitive home button, surrounded by a pill-shaped metal ring.
- OnePlus 3 Specification Surface On AnTuTu – Launching On April 7?
- Exodus ROM for OnePlus device|Marshmallow 6.0.1 update, installation guide
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 – OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.0 Update Is Currently Undergoing Soak Testing
- OnePlus 2 Android Marshmallow update: Install Nexus Experience ROM
- Why Android Marshmallow Delaying?
- Encryption : Almost no Android devices encrypted, but every iPhone does !
- Android Marshmallow based Cyanogen OS 13 update rolled out for OnePlus One, Yureka & Yutopia
What’s more, the screen seems to have very slim bezels, with rounded metal edges. The back appears to be slightly curved, which should help the device fit very comfortably in hand. The bottom edge has a Type-C port, but we’re uncertain whether it’s ‘true Type-C’ specification, or if it’s just the right sized port.
In my mind, despite looking like a lot of other phones on the market right now, the OnePlus 3 could be the phone last year’s model should have been. Who knows, we might even have an actual “2016 flagship killer” on our hands this year.
- First Leaked Images of Apple’s New iPhone 7 Design ‘Confirmed’
- Apple, Samsung: Need to think new plan smartphone makers, Report
- Apple’s iPhone 7 Introducing Plan |Apple’s upcoming iPhone can change the game
- New Benchmarks ranking : Galaxy S7’s chips match the iPhone 6s
- Sketchy rumor suggests | Apple iPhone 7 could feature flush touch-sensitive Home button, dustproof casing and waterproof
- Intel set to deliver faster wireless speeds than ever before in Apple’s iPhone 7