T-Mobile has started pushing out a new update to Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ units on its network. Arriving as version G950USQU1AQGA and G955USQU1AQGA, respectively, the update – as per information on the carrier’s website – brings several system improvements.
As clear from the screenshot below, the update – which weighs in at over 130MB – also includes Android security fixes for July.
Reportedly, a UMTS 911-related change is also included. Given that the roll out has just begun, it may take time for the update to hit your device
Your device must meet the following requirements to update your software to the most current version:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
- File size: 136.2 MB
Update automatically over the air (OTA) for Baseband G955USQU1AQGA
It is recommended to connect to Wi-Fi before completing the update.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, tap OK.
Update from a computer
Follow the update requirements above, along with the following:
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data prior to completing the update.
During the update, do not:
- Use the device or press any keys.
- Remove the battery, if applicable.
- Turn off the device.
- Disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
You will not be able to place a call during the update, not even an emergency call.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch that is compatible with your computer from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/.
- Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
- Allow your computer to install any required drivers for your device. This process may take a few minutes.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer, and allow it to make the connection.
- If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update. At any time, you can click Update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to proceed.Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. Once complete the device will return to the Home screen.