Bought a new smartphone? feeling excited about it and don’t know where to start, don’t worry here are some useful tweak to make your brand new Android phone safe and secure.
1. Setup Your Google Login Account:
First Thing first when you’ll boot your Android phone, it’ll prompt you to log in your google account. enter your credentials and move to the home screen.
2. Check the latest OS Update:
There’s always a chance to get the latest update for your Android update, especially if your new phone has been on the market for a little while. You can check for the latest software updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
You can also update currently installed apps updates by opening Play Store app, Tap on “My apps & games” from the menu and tap check update or update all.
3. Disable Bloatware (Preinstalled Apps).
Most of the mobile manufacturers load their phones with the apps that direct their own services. By the way, you might never use those services so you’ve got apps on your phone that are wasting resources for nothing and those apps keep running on background take part in your device physical memory. Some of these apps can’t be uninstalled completely although you can disable them.
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Choose the app you want to disable (avoid structural apps like Google services or other apps that aren’t in the app drawer).
- In the app information, you’ll find a disable button.
- You can also choose to deactivate notifications if you’d like.
4. Set Some Security.
You can help protect your Android device by updating your security settings. You can manage most of your device’s security settings in its Settings app. Tap Security & Location ->Security -> Screen Lock.
Try to put a screen lock might be more secure than swipe to unlock or something like that
5. Setup Device Data Backup.
You can back up content, data, and settings from your Nexus device to your Google Account. You can restore your backed-up information to the original device or to another Android device.
- Open your device’s Settings app Settings app.
- Tap System and then Backup.
- Turn on Back up to Google Drive.